Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Frame Puzzle

I’ve been preparing for a new exhibition that will open on Berlin Bar on November, checking off the many details involved. In an effort to cut expenses, I bought an odd lot of large frames from Karen Clement as she was closing La Fortuna Framing, and a bunch of small frames from Lavinia’s overstock, at generous prices.   Almost every frame is a different size and style. The puzzle was to first figure out which frames looked good together in which rooms, and which images I wanted to show in what size, and then have the images I want to show printed to fit each frame, and to number the images to match the frames. Now I’m waiting with fingers crossed, brain fried, and a glass of tequila by my side—fervently hoping that it all works out.

Here’s a link to some of the new work.

The amazing David Mackenzie made a five minute movie of me talking about this new series. You can see it here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you have to say about LuluLand.