Sunday, November 3, 2013

Hail, Forager!




One of the challenges of the new series I’m showing at Berlin Bar (show opens Thurs, Nov 7, 7-9) is getting fresh flowers and leaves in the colors I need for the current work. I forage the streets for fallen blossoms, and there are a few kindly flower-sellers in town that let me pick through their leftover petals and the random broken stem, and who are patient with my buying just one or two flowers.


I confess to the occasional vandalism:  Sometimes if I come across just the color I need (sometimes it is a very particular shade or shape), I furtively grab a blossom in passing.  One of the best sources is my friends’ gardens (thank you Sheridan, Maggie, Anado and Richard, Leigh), not only because they so amiably accept my pillaging, but sometimes they feed me and offer tequila.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you have to say about LuluLand.