Tuesday, June 9, 2009

alTirado Photos and Sculpture at Mero Gallery

My friend alTirado, photographer, photojournalist, and videographer, is showing new photographs and figurative clay sculptures at Mero Gallery here in San Miguel. The opening is Friday, June 12, from 7 to 9. The show is titled, “The Third Dimension.” For a preview go here.

“By creating a sense of movement in the photos, alTirado says, “I am attempting to capture a moment in life, an instant in time, with the implication that no image is still, but part of a larger arc which continues into the future. These photos allow the viewer to come to his or her own conclusion about what happens next. The clay sculptures are part of my continuing quest to learn more about what goes on ‘around the corner’ from the two dimensional world of still photography and video.”
alTirado’s books, San Miguel: A Pictorial Story, and Art in San Miguel, which profiles 33 local artists, are on sale in bookstores around town. The show continues through August.

1 comment:

  1. Show time!!! Thank you Lulu for posting the note about my exhibition at Mero Gallery. I was so happy that so many people showed up and many friends that stopped by to take a look and join the cocktail party. As always when an exhibit opens, I feel nervous and excited about the possible results. Especially this time-- in addition to showing a different style of photography, I'm daring for the first time to show my sculpture work. Now I feel better, because I had good comments about it. I knew that in the opening nights everybody would say "this is wonderful", but when coming from people like you - i know the comments are sincere and knowledgeable, so they are well appreciated. Saludos!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear what you have to say about LuluLand.